Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Military Fitness: Workout of the Week

Check out this Military Fitness Workout of the Week. 
As a veteran, I frequent the Military.com web site for news on the Army and the other services. One of my favorite features is the Military Fitness Workout of the Week.

Admittedly, I don't try many of the full workouts but I have incorporated some of the exercises into my own routine.

I'm not sure I'd try today's Workout of the Week, known as "Death by Pushups."

Here's the workout:

Start with the group in the pushup position and stay in the pushup position or plank pose for the time you progress up a pyramid each minute. In the first minute, do one pushup. The second minute you do two pushups and the third minute, three pushups. You keep going up as a group. Our stopping point was 20 minutes which equals 210 pushups but it also equals about 20 minutes of plank pose variety (side planks, etc). The rules are that you cannot stand up or touch your knees to the floor. After the pushups "warmup," we did the remaining routine below and focused on pulling and shoulder balance.
Warmup - 10 min bike or run

Death By Pushups - 20 minutes

Stay in Pushup position entire time. Each minute add a pushup: 1 pushup the first minute, 2 pushups the 2nd minute, etc., up to 20 pushups / 20 minutes. Knees do not touch the ground.

Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment