Friday, June 14, 2019

Day 9: Date Night

In the hospital, you've got to go to great lengths to keep the mind active. To break up the monotony, Paulette and I set up date night on Thursday.

Rather than enjoying our dinner in the room as we normally do, we took our trays down the hall to the Family Room and sat at a table together. After that, we watched a movie together.

It paled in comparison to the date night she set up during my first transplant.

She stopped in Little Italy and picked up some Italian food and desserts and she even brought fake candles for the table. She's an overachiever.

Obviously, Date Night was the highlight of the day.

It was otherwise pretty uneventful as my blood counts remain normal and I have passed my Neuro-tox tests, which is a good sign that side effects have yet to present themselves.

I did have some trouble sleeping so I ended up walking the halls. I've been there, done that, so it didn't bother me.

It's actually quite nice to walk with very few others around. 

The only sounds you hear come from the "beasts with the blinking eyes and piercing tones."

Paulette wasn't too pleased I left the room without telling her but how do you wake up someone who looks so peaceful?!

Not much is planned for today.

I'll continue with the neuro tests twice a day, my typical meds and I'm going to beg for permission to get outside for a bit.

The hard thing now is there really isn't anything to look forward to until discharge. 

Upon admission, I knew I had the transplant coming up, so I could count down the days. Now, I don't know when I'm getting out. I don't have any milestone markers to count the days, so it's just wake up, wait, repeat.

That still beats the alternative...

No comments:

Post a Comment