Sunday, June 9, 2019

Day 4: Boredom Surges

Saturday was my fourth day in the hospital as I prepare for CAR-T therapy on June 12. 
Day 4 was rather uneventful.

I woke up early, as usual, with nursing assistants chasing down my vital signs, while others collected blood from the PICC line installed in my right arm.

I remained in bed a bit longer, bouncing back and forth between consciousness and a half-sleep.

Upon waking, I went for my five-lap walk through the hallways and followed that up with my band workout.

I did feel rather energetic mainly because I finished my third dose of chemotherapy early and the nurse unhooked me from the IV machine. There's something to be said for that freedom.

Paulette and Chelsey stopped by in the afternoon and we were able to go out for a walk.

We did pick up a wheelchair so I didn't have to walk all the way to the cafeteria, which pretty much knocks me out. Once there, I enjoyed some frozen yogurt.

We got back to the room around 2:30 p.m. and I decided to rest. Aside from getting up to use the restroom, I was planted in the bed for the rest of the day. 

I didn't necessarily sleep all day but I dozed in and out for about 16 straight hours. 

Typically, I try to remain active throughout the day to both counter the boredom and to help the time pass quickly.
I just didn't have much energy to do much else last night so I gave in and relaxed in bed.

Already this morning, I have completed my fourth and final day of chemotherapy. Now, I'll have two "rest" days before Wednesday's infusion/transplant.

I am unhooked from the machine and I'm enjoying that freedom. I spent some time in my reading nook in the corner of the hallway and I also spent time reading while sprawled out on my couch.

It's hard to find a comfortable spot.

Paulette and the kids, along with Paulette's niece Maddy, will be stopping by later today. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm not sure what the plan is for me over the next two days. I know they still want to pump me full of fluids but fortunately, I believe I'm done with the lasix. 

I'll be watching the World Cup and trying to keep up with my other activities to help me get to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment