Monday, June 24, 2019

Day 19: The Countdown

Day 19 went as well as the previous 18 but I endured plenty of anxiety as I waited to see if my Absolute Neutrophil Count would jump from 310 to the minimum of 500 to get discharged.

The day went by quickly thanks to visits from Paul and Pam Pfiester, Paulette and Jackson and the return of Ann and Colleen Fordyce. 

I Googled how to increase the neutrophils in my body, and whether or not it was possible to manually inflate that count, I drank a ton of orange juice and ate cherries. If I had turmeric or ginger laying around, I'd have eaten that up too!

I woke up this morning--Day 20--and immediately had to walk the halls. I was so nervous as I awaited the results from my 3:00 a.m. blood draw.

My nurse Crystal came in shortly after 7:00. She looked at me and simply said, "650." 

I knew exactly what she meant and nearly fell off my chair with excitement.

Now, there still is no guarantee I will get discharged today. I won't know that for sure until the doctors make their rounds. 

I'm afraid to start packing as I don't want to jinx myself!

Hopefully, it all works out and I'll hit the road this afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment